ACCT212 Financial Accounting - Course Projects
This course has two course projects due. The first, Course Project 1, reinforces the basic principles of accounting and application of the accounting information system. It is completed in two parts. The second, Course Project 2, is an opportunity to show the ability to analyze financial statements to arrive at conclusions based upon the analysis.
Course Project 1 - Overview and Guidelines
Course Project 1 consists of two parts, A and B, respectively. There are 10 requirements for you to complete in this exercise, Part A has 1-3 and Part B has 4-10. Part A is due at the end of Week 3. Part B is due at the end of Week 5. See Syllabus/"Due Dates for Assignments & Exams" for due date information.
The Course Project 1 template has all of the information you will need to complete Parts A & B of the project. The template also includes:
1. Download the Excel template named ACCT212_CourseProject1 located on the Doc Sharing tab in the course shell.
2. To complete Part A (due at the end of Week 3):
3. To complete Part B (due at the end of Week 5):
Course Project 2 - Overview and Guidelines
Course Project 2 consists of Problem 13-52A from your textbook. At the end of Course Project 2, you will be able to prepare common-size statements, analyze profitability; and make comparisons with the industry. Course Project 2 is due at the end of Week 7.
The Course Project 2 template has all of the information you will need to complete the project including:
1. Download the Excel template named ACCT212_CourseProject2 located on the Doc Sharing tab in the course shell.
2. To complete Course Project 2 (due at the end of Week 7):