Develop an outline for hazardous waste management, fire and safety management, disaster management, security management, or ADAguidelines for a renovation or new planning of a health care facility. Each team is assigned a different area so there is no duplication. The outline will then be used for a final presentation in Week Five.
Include the following information in your outline:
- Write an overview of your assigned environmental impact issue.
- Examine local, state, and federal legal and regulatory requirements. Consider the following agencies:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Joint Commission of the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
- Your state’s health planning and development agency
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments and other agencies as applicable to facility planning
- Is there a Certificate of Need (CON) program for your state? If so, explain the program. If there is not a CON for your state, was there one in the past and when was it eliminated?
- What are issues to consider when meeting the International Building Code for a facility?
- What measurements may be done in advance of the new plan or renovation?
- List the stakeholders that may play a role in your development
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word outline with your findings.
Format your outline consistent with APA guidelines.