Address the following:
- Explain the scientific and technical concepts related to nuclear medicine.
Consider the following questions when you construct your response:
- What type of radiation is typically exploited in most nuclear medicine
- How are patients prepared for nuclear medicine procedures?
- What are the advantages and limitations of nuclear medicine?
- What ailments are typically diagnosed and treated via nuclear medicine
- Evaluate a minimum of three applications of nuclear medicine relating to any
of the following topics:
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scans
- Gallium scans
- Indium white blood cell scans
- Iobenguane scans (MIBG)
- Octreotide scans
- Hybrid scanning techniques employing X-ray computed tomography (CT) or
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine therapy using radiopharmaceuticals
Support your statements with examples. Provide a minimum of three
in 3-pages in Word format. Apply APA standards to
citation of sources.